Step Two: Please respond to another's question.
Step Three: Discuss amongst yourselves.
Items that could be interesting to consider:
- Ideas about motifs and themes.
- Your reaction to the ending.
- Your final insights about Nature vs. Nurture; black and white; twinning; the question of race.
- Reactions to this fact: Twain set his novel in pre-Civil War Missouri but wrote it post-Civil War. Why does he choose such a setting since the war against slavery has been won?
- Do you see any connections between small-town Dawson's Landing and small-town Littleton, CO?